Restore Health Naturally with Myofascial Release
If you’re looking for a natural, holistic way to relieve chronic pain and stiffness, Myofascial Release is something to consider. If you’re not familiar with it, here’s a brief explanation of this popular and effective technique for relieving pain, muscle tension, and fatigue.
What is Fascia?
Fascia is sometimes compared to a wet suit; it’s a soft, elastic connective tissue that surrounds, protects, and supports your internal organs, muscles, bones, and joints from head-to-toe.
When healthy, fascia is movable; but illness, injury, and stress can cause fascia to tighten and restrict – resulting in pain and limited range of motion.Myofascial Release eases the tightness and knots to improve flexibility and movement, relieve pain, encourage better sleep, and even improve mood! Myofascial therapists find those trigger points and apply gentle pressure until the tension releases.
Still thinking about it? Here are three benefits you’ll experience with Myofascial Release.
- Myofascial Release helps relieve pain, naturally, by reducing tension in the myofascial tissue.
- Myofascial Release helps improve circulation and increase flexibility / range of motion.
- Myofascial Release is often used in conjunction with other treatments, such as stretching and strengthening exercises.
Myofascial Release targets different areas of the body. For example:
- Oral Myofascial Release restores function for conditions such as TMJ, sleep apnea, and headaches.
- Sports release therapy helps improve flexibility and relieve pain for runners, golfers, and other athletes who may injure or overextend muscles and joints.
- Fascial fascial is a great way to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and reduces puffiness.
- Women’s health concerns such as abdominal pain, continence, or post-partum discomfort may be relieved.
- Pediatric Myofascial Release helps strengthen muscles, improve posture, and relieve tummy/feeding challenges for infants, toddlers, and young children.
Myofascial therapy in Janesville provides natural healing, restoration, and pain relief. Expert therapists are available to assess your needs and provide the help you need to start enjoying pain-free daily living.
Contact us to begin your healing journey today!